Recipe by ellie_
These low-cal enchiladas are easy to assemble and make.
Top Review by Incubus fan
This recipe was pretty easy and it was a great hit w/ dad! Instead of sour cream I used cream of chicken soup with a little bit of green chilli enchilada sauce (also used on the top after baking). Also, I didn't let it set overnight and it turned out fine :).
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese (or shredded Mexican cheese)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked skinless chicken breasts
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 medium corn tortillas
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a colander, rinse and drain beans, corn, and pimientos.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream, chili, cumin,& oregano.
- Reserve 2 TB of the cheese for topping.
- Add the remaining cheese to the sour cream mixture; fold in the chicken, half of the scallions, the cilantro and the beans, corn and pimientos.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Spray a 7"x11" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Soften the tortillas according to package directions.
- Spoon the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll tightly and place in baking dish.
- Cover with foil; refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the enchiladas, covered, until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese; bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes longer.
- Serve, sprinkled with the tomato and remaining scallions.