Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
I could not find the right recipe for enchiladas with red sauce so threw some things together and came up with this! I think it turned out pretty good! And it can all be made in an electric skillet (except for the baking part)!
- 8 flour tortillas
- olive oil
- sliced olive
- 4 cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 an onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) canmedium enchilada sauce
- 4 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook chicken breasts season with a dash salt, course ground black pepper, red pepper flakes.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and chop into small pieces.
- add butter and chili powder to skillet, once butter melts add onion.
- after allowing the onion to cook a bit add corn, black beans, and green chilies.
- stir together and let simmer.
- pour a bit of olive oil in the bottom of baking dish and lightly coat the outside of the tortillas in the olive oil (this makes them crispy when you bake them).
- fill tortillas with mixture, add cheese and olives and fold over.
- once all tortillas are filled pour the enchilada sauce over them and sprinkle remaining cheese and olives over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.