Recipe by Chef Sharon R
These enchiladas are super easy, delicious and somewhat weight watcher friendly. Chimichangas, Tacos, and Mexican pizzas can also be made from the Chicken base recipe - use your imagination for other variations. See those posts for recipes.
Chicken Base Recipe
- 8 ounces shredded cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use store roasted chicken or 2 half breasts simmered in water until cooked. (Tip shred chicken whi)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 12 ounces deli style salsa
- sour cream (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
- olive (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- chicken base
- 0.5 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce, green (or red if you prefer)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 16 ounces shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 12 sliced olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover bottom of baking dish with thin layer of sauce.
- Warm tortilla's between paper towels til pliable (15-20 seconds in mircowave).
- In center of each tortilla place scant 1/4 C of chicken base mix and.
- 1oz Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- Roll tortilla - enchilada style.
- Place rolled tortillas, edge down, in sauce layered baking dish pour remaining sauce over all, top with remaining cheese and sliced olives.
- Bake 350° until cheese is bubbly about 15-20 minutes.
- serve immediately.