Recipe by LDSMom128
I came up with this from ideas from other recipes.We personally don't like things spicy, which this is not, so if you like more kick to your food, then add some jalapeno peppers or some Tabasco sauce to add for heat.
- 1 large chicken breast, cut to bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup water
- 10 ounces campbell's tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 10 taco sized flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded colby or 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet pan, spray the pan well with some PAM Spray. Add the chicken pieces and brown for about 5 minutes and no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the pan and place in a food processor. Pulse just 2 or 3 times to shred the chicken into fine pieces. If you don't have a food processor, just shred with two forks very finely.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In the same skillet pan, combine the shredded chicken and add the spices to the chicken. Add the tomato paste and the chicken broth or water and stir well with a wire whisk. You can adjust the seasonings to your taste. Cook for about 5 minutes and the sauce has thickened.
- Using a large baking pan, line the pan with some tin foil and spray the foil well with some PAM Spray.The foil will help with cleanup. and I learned after making this that spraying the foil is important because the enchiladas will stick to the foil during cooking.
- Prepare the Enchiladas by spooning the tomato mixture into the individual tortillas. Add a a handful of mozzarella cheese, wrap the tortillas like a burrito. Lay the enchiladas to the pan in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, add the tomato soup and about 1/4 cup of chicken broth or water to help thin it out some. Add the chili powder. Pour the tomato soup to the top of the wrapped tortillas and top with the rest of the mozzarella and the Colby/Jack cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are slightly browned.