Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Creamy, cheesy chicken enchiladas are perfect comfort food.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 small onion
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 6 -10 tortillas
- Boil chicken until cooked through.
- Cool chicken then shred into small pieces.
- Chop onion and combine with sour cream and shredded chicken in large bowl.
- TO ASSEMBLE ENCHILADAS:.
- Lay out one tortilla.
- Spread a small amount of enchilada sauce on tortilla.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of chicken mixture on tortilla.
- Top with taco cheese (2 tablespoons).
- Roll up tortilla and place seam side down into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Repeat until chicken mixture is all used.
- Cover enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce and finish by topping them with an even layer of shredded mild cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 30-35 until cheese is bubbly.
- All cheeses, enchilada sauce and onion can be used in greater or lesser amounts to taste. Its almost impossible to ruin these!
This was an easy way to make a tasty batch of enchiladas. I had the chicken already cooked so they went together in minutes. I adapted the recipe by adding a 4oz can of diced green chilies to the filling and using 1 cup of pepper jack cheese in place of one cup of the mexican blend. I also sprinkled the top with black olives and served with Avocado Salad With Tomato Relish. Thank you for a lovely meal! Made for Fall PAC 2008
This made for a delicious lunch today. I had shredded chicken in the freezer so these were a snap to put together. I halved the recipe and used burrito sized tortillas. It made 4 hearty enchiladas that fit nicely in a 9x9 baking dish. Thanks for sharing. *Made for Fall PAC 2008*