1/2 Photos of Chicken Enchiladas
1 hr 25 mins
Teddy's Mommy's Note:
I wanted something easy to make that used ingredients I usually have around the house. Most of this is "estimates" because who really measures out everything they put in something when they "throw it together" :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil (I use Canola)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (7 ounce) can verde salsa (I use Herdez brand)
- 8 corn (I use South Beach Diet Wheat ones) or 8 wheat flour tortillas (I use South Beach Diet Wheat ones)
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (I use Las Palmas brand)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers (I use Ortega)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2Warm oil in large non-stick skillet.
- 3Place onions in hot oil and Sauté until translucent.
- 4Put chicken breasts, Verde Hot Sauce, Diced Jalapeno Peppers, and just enough Green Enchilada Sauce to make it a little wet (about 2-3 TBSP) in skillet with onions.
- 5Bring to boil.
- 6Lower heat to a simmer and cover skillet.
- 7Cook until chicken is done, add more enchilada sauce if it starts to dry out.
- 8When chicken is done take it out of the sauce and shred it with two forks.
- 9Put shredded chicken back into sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 10Mix in 1/4 cup sour cream & remove from heat.
- 11If your mixture is to wet let it simmer un-covered until itï¿½s only slightly moist.
- 12Put a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan.
- 13Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and place them into the 9"x13" baking dish.
- 14Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas.
- 15Sprinkle all of cheese over enchiladas.
- 16Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and enchiladas are warmed through (usually around 25 minutes).
- 17Serve by sprinkling chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions over enchiladas and putting a small dab of sour cream on top!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (631 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.4
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 177.9 mg
- Sodium 1971.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 57.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: