Recipe by Mishy111
Chicken Enchiladas made with flour tortillas. I adapted this recipe from another recipe on Recipezaar, and made my own changes that suit my taste and budget. The original recipe calls for corn tortillas but I prefer flour. Plus the original recipe calls for cilantro, cheddar and monterey jack cheeses.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Enchilada Sauce:.
- Heat butter in large sauce pan; stir in flour and chili powder; cook for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepeare enchilada sauce. In a medium bowl, mix chicken, green onions, 1 cup cheese, sour cream and chiles. Stir in 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Warm tortillas, one at a time until soft. Spray 9"x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread small amount of sauce in bottom of dish. Spread 1/2 cup of chicken mixture in each tortilla & roll up. Place seam side down, side by side in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over, top with.
- remaining cheese and bake until bubbling, 15-20 minutes. Garnish with extra sour cream, sliced green onions.