Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very Americanized version of my favorite Mexican recipe. You can adjust the temperature by omitting the chilies or adding ones with more flavor.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- canned enchilada sauce
- grated cheese
- Boil chicken breasts in broth or water until cooked through. After it has cooled use two forks to separate into shredded bits.
- Saute onion in butter until translucent.
- Add diced chiles, chicken soup, shredded chicken, sour cream and broth. Simmer until just heated through.
- Add two tbsp to each tortilla. Roll and place seam side down in greased pan.
- Cover with enchilada sauce and bake for 30 minute at 325.