Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This makes a large pan of enchiladas and is always a huge hit when fixed for company or just for our family!
- 4 -5 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (2 lb) Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel (Mexican style)
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 burrito-size flour tortillas
- Boil chicken until done; shred or cut into small chunks.
- Over low heat, melt velveeta, cream of mushroom soup, and mexican rotel. Stir frequently.
- Spray Pam in 9 X 13 (or a little larger) baking dish.
- Spread 1 Tbs. sour cream over flour tortilla. Place approximately 1/4 cup shredded chicken in center and pour approximately 1/4 cup cheese mixture over chicken. Roll up tortilla and place in pan. Repeat until pan is full.
- Pour 2 - 3 cups of cheese mixture over top of all tortillas. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Cut in half and serve with salsa and tortilla chips. (You should have extra cheese mixture left over. This is great for dipping chips in!).
We've personally had Susan's enchiladas, and they are wonderful! She didn't mention that they freeze nicely for making in advance.