1/2 Photos of Chicken Enchiladas
1 hr 10 mins
Shannon 24's Note:
This is a really good recipe from Martha Stewart's Everday Food magazine (Issue #5). Very tasty indeed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes in puree
- 1/2 cup water
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1Heat oil in medium pan over medium low heat.
- 2Add onion, garlic, jalapeno and chili powder.
- 3Cook until onion is clear.
- 4Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup water to pan.
- 5Add salt and pepper.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Return heat to medium low.
- 8Cook, gently crush tomatoes with a wooden spoon until sauce is thickened.
- 9Add lime juice.
- 10Let sauce cool before storing.
- 11Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- 12Warm each tortilla, about 10 seconds per side.
- 13Divide chicken, 3 cups cheese and pickled jalapenos among the tortillas.
- 14Roll tightly.
- 15Place the seams side down in a 9x13 baking dish.
- 16When ready to bake, preheat oven to 450°F.
- 17Top with sauce and remaining cup of cheese.
- 18Bake until cheese is melted and tortillas heated through.
- 19For a crisper top, put under broil for an additional 1 - 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.1
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 185.6 mg
- Sodium 783.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 59.1 g