Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 473.18 ml diced cooked chicken
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl, stir soup and sour cream together.
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and chili powder, cook until onion is tender.
- Stir in chicken, green chilies, and 3 TBS of soup mixture.
- Spread 1/4 cup mix along center of each tortilla.
- Roll, place seam side down in 12x8 baking dish.
- Spread remaining soup mixture over enchiladas.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 minutes more.
Yummy is right Inez! Soft and savory with a very creamy topping is what makes this recipe special. I wanted something easy, quick to make, with no sacrifice on taste. Your chicken enchilada recipe was all of these and more. The chili powder was a nice splash of spice without overpowering the mildness of this comfort food. I made an additional pan for dinner the next day, and left the cheese off until just before baking (it took about 25 minutes in a 350 oven to heat through.) The flavors were deliciously marinaded together overnight, and it was wonderful! I used Sargento mexican cheese for the topping. It contains monterey jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla and asadero cheeses. I shredded the chicken instead of dicing just for a quicker prep time. I also substituted lower fat cream of chicken and sour cream for the "real stuff" and could not tell the difference! The outcome was a scrumptious dish that I will make again and again. I can't thank you enough Inez for posting this wonderful recipe!
I am always resistant to any recipe that calls for "a can of" anything, especially prepared soup, but I whipped this up the other night for family and it was a huge hit. Very good, going to make another batch tonight!
Excellent as is, but I made a couple of changes the second go around. For one, I didn't have cream of chicken soup, so I used cream of celery. I used corn tortillas instead of flour. I also had some Trader Joe's enchilada sauce (red) and added that across the top. It was a little different and very, very good.