Recipe by karen riley
Rich and saucy
Top Review by M. Joan
The only change I made was to use Cumin because I could not find my Coriander. We absolutely loved your recipe, Karen and it made exactly the amount stated. I'm so pleased to find such a rich and satisfying Chicken Enchilada recipe. The sauce is wonderful! Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to pan. Stir in the chilies, coriander and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream until cheese is melted. Combine chicken and 3/4 cup sauce. Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with olives, tomatoes and green onions if desired.