1/2 Photos of Chicken Enchiladas
True Texas's Note:
First Place winner in a newspaper recipe contest, not mine, but my aunt had clipped it out. These enchiladas are sooo good, they taste as good as my favorite Mexican restrauant serves. The last time I made I ended up with 16, I used a whole chicken though. I did add about 1/2 cup half-and-half to thin the sauce, since I had some I need to use up, regular milk would work too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover chicken halfway with water and simmer until tender.Bone and chop chicken.
- 2Brown onion and garlic in butter. Remove garlic, add chicken, cumin and picante sauce.
- 3Salt and pepper to taste and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Soften tortillas on hot, well oiled griddle.
- 5Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and cheese, reserving 2 cups cheese for topping.
- 6Place in a 13 x 7 1/2 inch casserole dish.
- 7Mix soup, sour cream and cumin. Pour over casserole. Top with remaining cheese and jalapeno peppers.
- 8Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.1
- Calories from Fat 541
- Total Fat 60.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 195.0 mg
- Sodium 1135.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 41.0 g