Top Review by Texas Tornado
Yummy! I served with Green Cilantro Rice #108262 by Laura Lee in Texas. The only thing I changed was that I didn't use coriander (didn't have) and I added a little homemade salsa verde to the chicken mixture. Thanks for posting!
- 8 -10 flour tortillas or 8 -10 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- black olives (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in 350* oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- For Sauce: In a saucepan, cook onion, garlic, coriander, and pepper in the butter until the onion is tender.
- Stir the flour into the sour cream, and then add to the onion mixture.
- Stir in broth and chili peppers all at once.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 C of the cheese.
- For Filling: Stir 1/2 C of the sauce into the chicken, mixing well.
- Place about 2-3 soup-spoon-size of mixture on each tortilla and roll up.
- Arrange rolls, seam side down, in a lightly greased 12x8x2 baking dish.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered, in 350* oven for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes more until cheese melts.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- If Desired: garnish tops with olives, tomatoes, and cheese.