Recipe by kelly jean
Jamie gave this recipe to me back in our college days. :) I like to use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery deli for this recipe. I always use the leftover chicken for something.
Top Review by Librarybaker
My family loved this one (although my son would have preferred more chiles; he likes things hot). I did use leftover Thanksgiving turkey in place of the chicken and, like another reviewer, the mix of Cheddar and Jack cheeses. The result was a creamy filling and delicious sauce.
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded white meat chicken
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 of an onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese and onion.
- Wrap chicken mixture into about 12 warmed tortillas.
- Lay the enchiladas in a rectangle pan.
- Combine soup, chilies, cumin, salt, sour cream, and milk. A blender makes this sauce creamy and smooth, but is not necessary.
- Pour soup mixture over enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, cover with Monterey jack cheese, and return to oven until cheese is melted.