1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchiladas
1 hr 20 mins
My husband loves when I make this. I usually make 2 pans at a time and freeze 1 because it's kind of messy to make very easy but messy. We like ours spicy so you might want to adjust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce (we use the "hot")
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese (shredded and divided)
- 2 -3 tablespoons jalapenos (I use sliced ones that come in a jar and mince them as much as you want)
- 10 dashes Frank's red hot sauce
- 8 tortillas (soft shell taco size)
- 1Heat skillet and add olive oil. Cook chicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, mix soup, sour cream, hot sauce, jalapeños, and half of cheese together.
- 3After chicken chicken has cooled (it will melt the cheese and make it hard to assemble if left warm), mix in with soup mixture.
- 4Take one - two tablespoons of enchilada sauce and spread over 1 tortilla, add 2-3 table spoons of chicken/soup mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in a sprayed 9x13 pan. Repeat until all of your chicken/soup mixture is gone. Depending on how full you make your tortillas you might have more or less than 8. If needed keep making and start another pan.
- 5Top enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce and cover with remaining cheese.
- 6Cover pan with tin foil. Refrigerate until ready to bake (I usually make the night before and throw in the oven when I get home). This recipe also freezes really well, just allow to thaw before baking.
- 7Heat oven to 375° and cook covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook another 15 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1027.1
- Calories from Fat 516
- Total Fat 57.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 148.4 mg
- Sodium 1301.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 51.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce