Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This comes from our church cookbook. It is a favorite at potlucks. At home even I need to double this because the boys love it and make pigs of themselves.
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces sliced ripe olives
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped and seeded
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey
- Mix soup with sour cream and set aside.
- Mix olives, green chiles, chicken and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Add 1/3 soup and cream mixture.
- Divide among 12 tortillas and roll up, place seam side down in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan (it will take 2).
- Put rest of soup mixture on top;cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
this was so delicious that 12 enchiladas weren't nearly enough for my family of six. i'm afraid i will have no leftovers!! my hubby had three himself and kept giving me compliments on your recipe! this was simple and quick to put together and totally wonderful. we will keep these recipe handy and use it alot!
I made this tonight for my family and we loved it. I cut the recipe in half because our kids are small and still don't eat a lot and it worked out great. I also used fat-free sour cream and reduced fat soup and it still tasted rich and creamy. In addition, I added 1 can of enchilada sauce - half on the bottom of the pan and half on top before the cheese and it gave it just the right amount of spice to our liking. This was so easy to make that I will definitely do it again. Thanks!
This is not really a very appetizing enchilada . I thought it might be a quick and easy recipe for lighter taste buds, but not even the grandkids would eat.