Recipe by J&J's Mum
I revised my family's favorite chicken enchilada recipe to try to make it lower in fat. This is what I came up with, and they all say it's better than the original!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and cook until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until soft (1-2 minutes).
- Add the soup, tomatoes, and chiles and cook until heated through.
- Set aside ¾ of the sauce mixture.
- To the remaining ¼ of the sauce, add the cooked chicken and ½ cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Place the chicken mixture on each of the six tortillas. Roll the tortillas and lay the, seam side down in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour the reserved sauce over top. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.