Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was the main dish at Mexican Night for our Cooking Club. They are the best enchiladas I have ever had, definitely not low fat, but delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine chicken, green chilies, green salsa and onion.
- Place bouillon cubes, salt and cream in a saucepan and heat until bouillon is dissolved, but do not boil.
- Heat oil in skillet and dip each tortilla into oil for about 5 seconds, just to soften.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Then dip each tortilla into saucepan with cream, coating each side.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture. Roll and place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Pour remaining cream over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.
We love this recipe and will be making it for years to come! I made my own (very) spicy salsa verde and used FF half & half to replace cream. The tortillas can be heated on a comal or griddle to omit oil, too. I skipped the jack and topped w/cotija when plating it. Next time I'll add more liquid or cook less time to keep from drying fully. Thank you SO much. I've been looking for a recipe that was good enough for la familia and this is it! :)