Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The mother of my best friend from high school made these and I always LOVED them. Have saved this recipe since those days...the good 'ole big hair, break-dancing, "Michael Jackson is cool" days.
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green chili salsa (I use Ortega mild)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
- flour tortilla
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spoon into flour tortillas.
- Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired.
- Bake, covered, at 325 for 20 to 30 minutes.
A good recipe but didn't ring my bells as I hoped from reading the other reviews. A bit bland, needs "something" for zippiness; I added a small can of green chili pepper pieces, that helped. Easy to make, though, and for that I am willing to work on tweaking this to be more enjoyable & tasty.
This was one of the best, if not the best Chicken Enchilada recipes I have ever had. I love the combination of flavor and the green salsa made the dish. I used LaCostena Green Mexican Salsa, medium. I hope that is the same thing as the jar green chili salsa, if not it worked beautifully. I made exactly as directed until the end. After 30 minutes I uncovered the dish and sprinkled a Mexican mix of cheese on top and let it cook for about 7 more minutes. Served this with PaulaG's Fresh Salsa Verde. I'm so glad I picked you for PAC. Thanks. Update 10/1/06: I forgot to mention that this makes a huge amount of filling mixture. I only made 5 tortillas and have frozen the rest of the filling for later.