Recipe by KathyP53
I love the cilantro in this recipe. You can substitute Cheddar or other favorite cheese for the queso fresco.
Top Review by TammieV
Very good, but I must warn the heat level is not for the faint of heart. I made one change, not having a rotissory chicken on hand, I seasoned chicken breasts with lemon pepper and grilled. Then using 2 forks in a criss cross type motion, I shred the cooled chicken. Rico!!
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle salsa verde
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (use the rotissere kind from the grocery store.)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 lime wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in blender; process till smooth. Combine chicken and cream cheese in a large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Reserve remaining salsa mixture.
- Bring broth to a simmer in a medium skillet. Working with one tortilla at a time, add tortilla to pan; cook 20 seconds or until moist, turning once. Remove tortilla; drain on paper towels. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up. Place tortilla, seam side down, in an 11X7" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, broth, and chicken mixture.
- Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas, sprinkle evenly with queso fresco and chili powder. Bake for 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with lime wedges.