I love the cilantro in this recipe. You can substitute Cheddar or other favorite cheese for the queso fresco.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle salsa verde
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (use the rotissere kind from the grocery store.)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 lime wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Combine first 4 ingredients in blender; process till smooth. Combine chicken and cream cheese in a large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Reserve remaining salsa mixture.
- 3Bring broth to a simmer in a medium skillet. Working with one tortilla at a time, add tortilla to pan; cook 20 seconds or until moist, turning once. Remove tortilla; drain on paper towels. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up. Place tortilla, seam side down, in an 11X7" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, broth, and chicken mixture.
- 4Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas, sprinkle evenly with queso fresco and chili powder. Bake for 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.7
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 620.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: