Recipe by Susie in Texas
We had this at a relatives child's birthday party, the kids devoured it, and I couldn't wait to get the recipe from her since we've never had chicken enchilada's with spinach and mozeralla in it. What's nice is it bakes to a lasagne like texture and can be cut into square pieces for serving, you'd never know the shells were in it.
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice chicken and brown with onion in skillet with about 1 tbsp oil, set aside.
- Defrost spinach and squeeze out all moisture.
- In large bowl, mix cooked chicken, onion and spinach set aside.
- In another bowl combine all other ingredients except cheese to form liquid mixture.
- Take 1/2 cup of liquid mixture and pour a little on each open shell.
- Spread chicken mixture on top of the liquid mixture on each shell.
- Roll up all shells and place seam side down in a greased 9X13 pan.
- Pour remaining liquid over all.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle cheese on all and bake until cheese is melted and browned, (may need to put under broiler just a couple minutes as well).