Recipe by ktdid
Our favorite use of leftover chicken or turkey.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
These are so yummy and creamy! This was the first time I've ever made green chile enchiladas and I was surprised at how good they are. Due to some allergies that I have, I subbed 5 Laughing Cow Light Original Cheese wedges for the cream cheese and I made my own green chile sauce (recipe to be posted soon) for a delectable dinner. Thanks for posting this ktdid. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces diced green chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 8 corn tortillas
- 12 (14 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cream cheese, milk, cumin and salt until smooth. Mix in chilies and chicken or turkey.
- Put two corn tortillas between sheets of paper towel. Microwave 30 seconds to soften.
- Place 1/8 of chicken mixture on each tortilla. Roll up and place in greased casserole dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover pan with foil and heat for 20 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese. Heat 5 minutes or until cheese melts.