Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Our favorite use of leftover chicken or turkey.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces diced green chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 8 corn tortillas
- 12 (14 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cream cheese, milk, cumin and salt until smooth. Mix in chilies and chicken or turkey.
- Put two corn tortillas between sheets of paper towel. Microwave 30 seconds to soften.
- Place 1/8 of chicken mixture on each tortilla. Roll up and place in greased casserole dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover pan with foil and heat for 20 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese. Heat 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
These are so yummy and creamy! This was the first time I've ever made green chile enchiladas and I was surprised at how good they are. Due to some allergies that I have, I subbed 5 Laughing Cow Light Original Cheese wedges for the cream cheese and I made my own green chile sauce (recipe to be posted soon) for a delectable dinner. Thanks for posting this ktdid. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.