1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchiladas
Made with corn tortillas. Very cheesy and creamy. Adapted from a recipe I found on the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided (can use jalapeno jack cheese)
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place the chicken breast halves into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from the water, and set aside to cool. Shred the chicken meat and set aside.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the green chilies, jalapeno and garlic. Cook and stir for a few minutes, until fragrant, then stir in the cream cheese and half of the Monterey Jack. As the cheese begins to melt, gradually stir in the water. Add the chicken meat, and stir into the skillet. Remove from the heat.
- 4Spoon the chicken mixture into tortillas, and roll up. Place the rolls seam side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining Monterey Jack cheese over the top, then pour cream over all.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the enchiladas are golden brown on the top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 984.8
- Calories from Fat 672
- Total Fat 74.7 g
- Saturated Fat 40.2 g
- Cholesterol 276.4 mg
- Sodium 587.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 51.9 g