Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made with corn tortillas. Very cheesy and creamy. Adapted from a recipe I found on the internet.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided (can use jalapeno jack cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- green chili salsa
- sour cream
- green onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken breast halves into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from the water, and set aside to cool. Shred the chicken meat and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the green chilies, jalapeno and garlic. Cook and stir for a few minutes, until fragrant, then stir in the cream cheese and half of the Monterey Jack. As the cheese begins to melt, gradually stir in the water. Add the chicken meat, and stir into the skillet. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into tortillas, and roll up. Place the rolls seam side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining Monterey Jack cheese over the top, then pour cream over all.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the enchiladas are golden brown on the top.
wow good stuff you will love this .dee
Cheesy creamy enchilada heaven! And no tins of soup in sight! Excellent! I added just a little cumin to the sauce.
Doubled the recipe, and sure glad I did. Everyone here raved about this dish. Thank You for sharing it.