Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe my supervisor at work gave me, I simplified it for the real world.
- 10 -12 corn tortillas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
- Boil chicken breasts for 20-30 minutes.
- Add soup, cream cheese, chilis, onion, sour cream and cheese to broth.
- Cut tortillas into 1/4.
- Add chicken that you have already chopped into small pieces to cream cheese mixture.
- In 9x14 pan, layer: TORTILLAS, CHICKEN, CHEESE PS: If you want to take a whole lot more time you can dip tortillas in sauce to softened.
- Dont add chicken to sauce.
- PUT CHICKEN ON TORTILLA AND ROLL IT UP.
- Pour creme cheese mixture over tortillas filled with chicken and add cheese on top of this.
- My recipe is simplified into a casserole.
- Taste just as good without the trouble.
- Taste better, you didnt have to go to that much trouble.
I was looking for something easy and filling and kind of comfort food and this was it! I used 2 cans of the chilis because we like them a lot and I also threw in 1/4c chopped pecans with the onion, adding a little crunch to the filling. Over all a great meal!
This is a great base recipe for chicken enchiladas. I cut chicken (used six breasts) into bite size pieces and sauteed in fresh garlic and cilantro. In a bowl, I mixed together the chicken, cream cheese, soup, onion, pepper. I used a red enchilada sauce because that's what I had, but I can see that a green sauce would be fantastic. Thanks for a great, new way to make chicken enchiladas!
Recipe is great, but she seems to leave a lot of information out, including cook temp. Her Steps are also incomplete or at least dont flow. I'd edit when I taste them, but I just came up with my own way of doing them based on the information given.