Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Add a super food to a favorite weeknight dinner
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- 15 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1 lb cooked chicken, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup steamed sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a blender, puree sweet potato into enchilada sauce. (To steam the sweet potato, rinse it, then prick all over with a fork, and rinse again. Wrap in plastic wrap and nuke for 4 minutes. Turn and nuke 4 more minutes. Let cool a few minutes, then scoop pulp out of skin.).
- Dip tortillas into sauce, and make a layer on bottom of greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Layer with chicken, cheese, and enchilada sauce.
- Repeat with another layer of tortilla, chix, cheese, and sauce.
- Top with a final layer of tortillas, sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese bubbles and is golden.
- This recipe is very versatile. Add olives, green chilies, anything you like.