Chef #453756's Note:
I couldn't find a recipe that I like so I made my own. It's basically what I would use for traditional enchiladas but in stuffed pepper form. The measurements are just estimates, I usually just eyeball it so the ingredients seem equally distributed. You can choose mild or spicy ingredients depending on your tastebuds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 bell peppers (any color is fine)
- 1/2 pre-cooked rotisserie-cooked chicken, picked and shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Spanish rice, cooked (I like the Near East brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) can of hot enchilada sauce
- pickeled jalapeno
- habanero salsa (or hot salsa of your preference)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (colby-jack, pepper jack, cheddar whatever you like best)
- 1Cut peppers in half vertically, scoop out seeds and parboil or steam until they soften.
- 2Mix the shredded chicken, black beans and rice.
- 3Coat the bottom of a baking pan with a thin layer of Enchilada sauce and arrange the peppers in the bottom.
- 4Fill the peppers with the chicken, rice, bean mixture.
- 5Top with pickeled jalepenos, habanero salsa, enchilada sauce then cover with a generous amount of cheese.
- 6Bake in the oven at 350 until heated through, usually 25-30 minutes if you're making them fresh and the rice, chicken etc are still warm from cooking.
- 7Pour any remaining Enchilada Sauce over the cooked peppers once finished.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.7
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 986.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 41.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: