2 hrs 15 mins
Think outside the "dish." You can enjoy the flavor and texture of enchiladas in a slow cooker; just stack the tortillas instead of rolling them. We suggest lining your slow cooker with a slow-cooker bag so you can easily remove the stack from the cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup poblano chile, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce with basil garlic and oregano
- cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 (8 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- 11. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, poblano chile, and garlic to pan; cook 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- 22. Stir in chile powder, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Place half of tomato mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until almost smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture.
- 33. Coat a 5-quart round electric slow cooker with cooking spray; place 3 tablespoons tomato mixture in bottom of slow cooker. Combine remaining tomato mixture, chicken, corn, and beans.
- 44. Place one tortilla on sauce in slow cooker; pour 1 cup chicken mixture over tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Top with another tortilla. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken mixture, tortillas, and cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours or until cheese melts and edges are lightly browned. Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Cut into 8 wedges.
- 5Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, Oxmoor House.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Stack
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 50.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato sauce with basil garlic and oregano
reduced-fat cheddar cheese