Recipe by AprilShowers
A friend of mine made this for us when we came over for dinner a few months ago and I insisted she send me the recipe because it was SO good! She finally did and I had to post on here for others to enjoy too! Goes great with fresh corn on the cob and watermelon for dessert!
Top Review by NovaM
Very tasty and quick to make. Mine turned out a little runny, though,. Next time I think I will add some cornflour to the soups before adding them to the casserole. Otherwise it went down well
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 4 flour tortillas, torn in small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breasts and tear into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream soups, broth & cheese in a medium sauce pan; Cook & stir until cheese is melted.
- Add sour cream and green chiles.
- Layer tortillas, chicken and sauce in 11x13 glass baking dish 2 or 3 times.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until bubbly.