Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend of mine made this for us when we came over for dinner a few months ago and I insisted she send me the recipe because it was SO good! She finally did and I had to post on here for others to enjoy too! Goes great with fresh corn on the cob and watermelon for dessert!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 4 flour tortillas, torn in small pieces
- Cook chicken breasts and tear into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream soups, broth & cheese in a medium sauce pan; Cook & stir until cheese is melted.
- Add sour cream and green chiles.
- Layer tortillas, chicken and sauce in 11x13 glass baking dish 2 or 3 times.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Very tasty and quick to make. Mine turned out a little runny, though,. Next time I think I will add some cornflour to the soups before adding them to the casserole. Otherwise it went down well