- 1 sweet onion
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree first three ingredients.
- Heat olive oil, and add puree, chili powder, cumin and tomato paste. Saute. Stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken, lime, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 1-2 hours.
- When serving add cheese to each bowl. Garnish with sour cream and diced tomatoes.