Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup is very easy to make and is so good that my family cannot get enough of it.
Make and share this Chicken Enchilada Soup (Large Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced (I prefer grilled)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 4 (19 ounce) cans enchilada sauce (3 mild, 1 hot)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons salt (I like Lawry's Season Salt)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese
- Grill Chicken & Dice.
- In large (nice and large) soup pot, sauté onion, garlic and green chilies in oil over medium-high. Heat until soft and light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and mix until well blended except broth & cheese.
- Add Chicken broth and mix well.
- Let simmer over medium heat for 30-60 minutes so flavors can blend. (simmer longer for best flavor).
- Add Cheese and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve or Freeze.
Another keeper. Love the Velveeta in this. The spiciness can easily be adjusted by the heat level and number of enchilada sauce and Rotel cans you put in. The saltiness can always be toned down with more chicken broth, and like me, you can always add more cheese! I will admit I did not use black beans only because I did not have any. I also halved the recipe pretty successfully.
Great I found it again. This recipe had made before and lost it. Thanks for leaving it here at Food.com Winter is here need to make and place in the freezer for those cold winter suppers. Thanks Goodwla
This was just ok for us. I think it was the chicken, it didn't seem to fit. Beef would be better, for us anyway. It makes a LOT. I had an 8qt pot and it was all the way up to the rim.