1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchilada Soup -Crockpot
3 hrs 15 mins
I am not a proponent of canned foods, especially condensed soups, but this is hearty, quick to assemble and oh so yummy. I found this on Real Mom Kitchen and tweaked it slightly. Don't shy away from black beans, they are great. We love this for a hot Wintery meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn (I used canned)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen onion and three pepper blend
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I used mild)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese or 4 ounces low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese
- 1In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and pepper stir-fry. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker. Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- 2Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces. Add chicken back into soup.
- 3Top with Colby-jack cheese and serve. Can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips.
- 4Note: if the soup is too thick for you, just add a little more milk after it's all cooked.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Soup -Crockpot
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 1270.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen onion and three pepper blend
low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese