1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchilada Soup (Chili's Copycat)
1 hr 10 mins
Aunt Sukki's Note:
Personally I'd rather have this soup at home instead of at Chili's.. this is wayyy better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast fillet (approx. 3 fillets)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, pressed, to taste
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.
- 2Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent.
- 3Add chicken broth & refried beans. Whisk until blended.
- 4Add enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- 5Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
- 7Serve soup in cups or bowls. Can garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, Olives or pico de gallo.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Soup (Chili's Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.4
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 1168.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 18.2 g