Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Personally I'd rather have this soup at home instead of at Chili's.. this is wayyy better!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast fillet (approx. 3 fillets)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, pressed, to taste
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent.
- Add chicken broth & refried beans. Whisk until blended.
- Add enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
- Serve soup in cups or bowls. Can garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, Olives or pico de gallo.
Love love love!!!!
Excellent dish and easy to make.