Chicken Enchilada Soup (Chili's Copycat)
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent.
- Add chicken broth & refried beans. Whisk until blended.
- Add enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
- Serve soup in cups or bowls. Can garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, Olives or pico de gallo.