Recipe by Anita Harris
YUM! Prep and cook times not included in recipe.
Top Review by musclemassage
I think the cook who gave this recipe made a mistake on the amount of chicken stock, It was way too thick and I ended up using 1 1/2 QUARTS of broth. Also made it 2 tsp. of cumin and 21/2 chicken breasts. I would give it a 2.5 stars.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 4 cooked and chopped chicken breasts
- 10 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot combine chicken broth and tortilla strips and cook on medium heat until tortilla strips soften and broth thickens.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, cumin, chicken and half-n-half.
- Heat through.
- Garnish with chopped tomato, minced jalapeno and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.