Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty Mexican style soup. Source: "Steamboat Entertains" Winning Recipes From The Rocky Mountains.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 pints sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- Cook chicken in 12-16 cups of water until done.
- Debone chicken and reserve broth.
- In a large saute pan, combine margarine, onion and garlic.
- Gradually add flour, seasoned salt, and paprika.
- This will make a white sauce.
- If too thick, add a little broth and stir.
- Add remaining broth and sour cream.
- Stir well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook until heated through and serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips, grated cheese, green onions and picante sauce.
sister in law loves chicken and mexican food(two of her absolute faves) and these put together was a big hit for her!
I loved this recipe, my picky kids even ate it. I did add 1 can of red beans, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of whole kernel corn, and garnished each bowl with a bit of chopped cilantro.