Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've tried several Chicken Enchilada Soup recipes, but just found this one. I love the flavor of Chicken Enchilada Soup, but they all seem to thin for me. So, I like to thicken them up with either 1/4 cup flour or some corn starch. I may cut the amount of chicken broth down to 2 cans next time. But, very good flavor.
- 3 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Combine broth, soup, chicken, chilies and seasonings.
- Heat to boiling. Lower heat and add cheese.
- Continue heating until cheese has melted.
- Do not boil.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I have made this for my family and friends 3 or 4 times. Have never heard anyone say they didn't like it. Most love it and want the recipe. Can add rotel tomatoes in place of the green chilies. My daughter likes it best with rotel. I add more chili powder. Great recipe!!!!
The flavor is outstanding but be aware of the salt content. I did not use chicken broth and I only used about 1/4 cup velveeta cheese (because that is all I had on hand) It was sooo salty that I had to add sour cream and a bit of 1/2 and 1/2 to cut the salt. Once I toned the salt down it was very tasty. The fam loved it with corn chips. KCShell