Recipe by True Texas
I've tried several Chicken Enchilada Soup recipes, but just found this one. I love the flavor of Chicken Enchilada Soup, but they all seem to thin for me. So, I like to thicken them up with either 1/4 cup flour or some corn starch. I may cut the amount of chicken broth down to 2 cans next time. But, very good flavor.
Top Review by backy1223
I have made this for my family and friends 3 or 4 times. Have never heard anyone say they didn't like it. Most love it and want the recipe. Can add rotel tomatoes in place of the green chilies. My daughter likes it best with rotel. I add more chili powder. Great recipe!!!!
- 3 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed