Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup is so easy to throw together and is really tasty. It gets quite a bit of heat from the enchilada sauce so be careful about adding extra spice. I serve with cheese quesadillas for a filling meal. Enjoy!
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken, diced
- 709.77 ml chicken broth (bouillon works just fine)
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained
- 538.64 g can enchilada sauce (I prefer Old El Paso)
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml onion, diced
- 118.29 ml green pepper, diced
- 283.49 g package frozen corn
- 14.79 ml oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- In large soup pot, sauté onion and green pepper in oil over medium-high. Heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Let simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes so flavors can blend.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy!
Delicious!! This quick and easy soup was a huge hit with my family. I used about 2 c. of rotisserie chicken which made this soup even quicker to make. Also, I didn't drain the black beans, I added a couple of generous handfuls of finely crushed tortilla chips, and about 1 tsp. cumin and some garlic powder, to taste. I served this topped with sliced green onions and 4-cheese Mexican cheese. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!!
*Made for PRMR tag game*
Love this recipe- very good flavor and very economical. I added an extra can of black beans- I had them and there was not any too many beans with just the one can. I used left over turkey and stock from boiling the turkey bones.
Great soup. We added a little more chicken than called for and added about a teaspoon of cumin. Will have this one again! Thanks for the recipe.