Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe combines chicken, black beans, cilantro, Mexican-style corn, red pepper and the mild, fire-roasted flavor of diced green chiles for a hearty soup.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlechunky taco sauce
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl.
- Stir together chicken broth, chicken, beans, tomatoes, corn, taco sauce, pepper, chiles and cornstarch mixture in large saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add cilantro.
- Garnish as desired.