The flavor of an enchilada recipe made quickly in a skillet with torn corn tortillas, cooked chicken, zesty tomatoes and sauce with cheese
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (3 cups = about 12 oz)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Ro*Tel® Original Tomato & Green Chili Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack blend cheese, divided
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add tortilla pieces and chicken; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently.
- Pour undrained tomatoes and sauce over chicken mixture in skillet. Mix well. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken mixture. Cover skillet; cook 5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately.
I made this recipe tonight for dinner. It is a great recipe if you like spicy food. It was good. Its even better if you add more cheese. Only thing that I would change is the addition of the Rotel tomatoes with diced chilis since I do not like spicy food. Will make again with different tomatoes.