Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy meal in the crock pot for busy nights. From Rival.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup canned jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 slices American cheese or 6 slices jalapeno pepper cheese
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 2 or 3 strips.
- Combine ½ cup flour and salt in plastic food storage bag.
- Add chicken strips and shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from bag and shake off excess flour.
- Brown chicken strips in batches 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place chicken into crock pot.
- Add chicken broth to skillet and stir in any browned bits.
- Pour broth mixture into crockpot.
- Add onion, jalapeño peppers and oregano.
- Cover; cook on Low 7 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours until done.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons of flour and cream in a small bowl; stir to form paste.
- Stir into chicken mixture; cook on High until thickened.
- Spoon chicken mixture in center of a flour tortilla.
- Top with 1 cheese slice; repeat.
- Fold up tortillas and serve.