Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Dress this quiche up however you like. This is great for brunch, or serve with a tossed salad and have it for dinner.
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 4 eggs, 1
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, finely cubed (or shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, broken
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa (chunky)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies, canned drained and chopped (4.5 oz )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (extra for serving-optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer refrigerated crust to a 9 inch glass deep-dish pie pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk, beat eggs until blended, add half-and-half mix till blended. Stir in chicken, chips, both cheeses, 1 cup salsa, green chilies and salt. Pour into pie crust. Sprinkle all over with pepper (optional).
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until crust is light golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream and/or salsa (optional).
Made for a dinner party and first time I've made a quiche. Easy to make, true to the ingredients and recipe. I used shredded baked chicken, Sargento Mexican cheese blend, jar salsa and Marie Calendars crusts. Turned out well and well enjoyed by guests. Will make again.
I really enjoyed this dish. I accidentally bought mozzarella instead of monterey jack, so I used 2 cups of cheddar and 1 cup mozzarella. Still tasted great! Also, I guess my deep dish pie crusts weren't very deep because I was able to get 2 quiches out of the filling. No complaints here! Thanks so much! I think I will use this as my new dish when I take meals to new moms!
I used shredded chicken breast & a mild salsa for this ended up with A VERY NICE TASTING QUICHE! I did use a sharp cheddar, & that, along with the monetrey jack, was great! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]