1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchilada Puffs
1 hr 10 mins
I grabbed this one from an e-mailed newsletter from the That's My Home! website. I will definately be making these for my Oscar Party. This looks like it should be done early in the day, so plan accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package frozen puff pastry
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package grated monterey jack pepper cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- your favorite salsa
- 1Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- 2Season the chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper, add them to the pan, and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- 3Remove the chicken to the cutting board to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, add the onions, celery and spices to the oil that remains in the pan.
- 5Add a little more oil if necessary.
- 6Saute until the onions are soft.
- 7Add the garlic and cook until just starting to brown.
- 8Add the chilies and chicken stock to stop the browning process and to collect the browned bits of flavor off the bottom of the pan, scraping the pan with a wooden spoon.
- 9As this is coming up to a boil, dice the chicken breast into a small dice and return the chicken to the pan.
- 10Add the crushed tortilla chips.
- 11Continue to cook until almost all of the liquid is evaporated.
- 12Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 13Remove from the heat and chill completely in the refriegerator.
- 14When the mixture is cold, add the grated cheese and mix well.
- 15Dust your counter with a little flour and spread out the puff pastry.
- 16Lightly brusth the pastry with the egg/water mixture.
- 17This will help seal the folded puff.
- 18Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the puff sheets into 2-inch x 2-inch squares.
- 19Place one tablespoon of fimly packed filling into the center of each square.
- 20Fold corner to corner, and crimp with a fork.
- 21Pat on a sprayed cookie sheet about one inch apart.
- 22Cover and refrigerate until party time.
- 23Preheat oven to 400.
- 24Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 25Serve with your favorite salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (1482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 111.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g