Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup doesn't take long and it's delicious. It's a Pillsbury Bake Off recipe.
- 1242.09 ml chicken broth (from two 32-oz. cartons)
- 2 (836.31 g) can cream-style sweet corn
- 2 (566.99 g) can red enchilada sauce
- 127.57 g canchopped green chilies
- 283.49 g canchunk white and dark chicken meat, in water, undrained (I use leftover cooked white and dark chicken meat)
- 141.74 g packageuncooked vermicelli, broken into pieces (fideo vermicelli recommended)
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 340.19 g shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine broth, corn, enchilada sauce and chiles; mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add all remaining soup ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 minutes or until vermicelli is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls.
- Garnish each serving with onion and cheese.
Very fast and very easy soup! I used homemade chicken stock that I de-fatted and had previously frozen for future use. Worked perfect here but I am sure you could also use store bought broth or stock with great results as well. I love the fact that I could use some leftover chicken as I always seem to have that now that we are an empty nest! The other items are pantry staples in my home (Texas) which made this a snap! Thanks for a great recipe that was flavorful but not over spicy. Made for *My Three Chefs*