This soup doesn't take long and it's delicious. It's a Pillsbury Bake Off recipe.
Make and share this Chicken Enchilada Pasta Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (from two 32-oz. cartons)
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style sweet corn
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) canchunk white and dark chicken meat, in water, undrained (I use leftover cooked white and dark chicken meat)
- 1 (5 ounce) packageuncooked vermicelli, broken into pieces (fideo vermicelli recommended)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine broth, corn, enchilada sauce and chiles; mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add all remaining soup ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 minutes or until vermicelli is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls.
- Garnish each serving with onion and cheese.