Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
To prepare this dish get everything prepped and chopped first.
- 1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon corn oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb cubed skinless chicken breast
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 (10 count) bag flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder, and
- paprika, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onion
- jarred sliced jalapeno
- Prepare Rigatoni pasta per package directions.
- Chicken, peppers and onion.
- Chop peppers and onion.
- Sauté the chicken, onion and pepper. Cook until chicken is fully cooked.
- Beans: Cook the black beans beans and simmer on low.
- Cheese Sauce: Melt butter and flour. Slowly add the stock.
- Then add the cream. Allow it come to a slow boil.
- Add the cheese and melt. Then finish with the remaining milk, cumin and lime.
- Slice a couple of tortillas cut in strips cook in a pan brushed lightly with oil and season well with salt pepper, garlic and paprika. Toast on medium heat.
- Other Garnish items.
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
- 1 dollop sour cream.
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced.
- 6 jalapeno slices.
- 1/2 cup toasted tortilla strips.
- To assemble:.
- Get a bowl.
- Put a serving of pasta in the bowl.
- Put some chicken and cheese sauce over the pasta.
- Garnish with black beans, cheese, sour cream, green onions or jalapeno.
- OR to taste -- .
Your right, this is an outstanding dish! My friend and I decided to cook in the kitchen together last night and this is the recipe we chose to make. We both LOVED it! I will be passing this one on to my family, as I know it's one they will all love too. Thank you for sharing this recipe with all of us! Christina
A novice cook might not get on well with this, no matter how good it is. The pasta isn't listed in the ingredients list and the ingredients aren't listed in the order to be used, which is the first cardinal rule in writing a recipe.
This sounds yummy but I am confused by the measurements and the assembly instructions, just 2 tb of beans? 1/4 pound of chiken etc? and this will feed 6-8 can u please respond back and explain thanks perri