Recipe by AMBayer
To prepare this dish get everything prepped and chopped first.
Top Review by CulinaryGourmetQueen
Your right, this is an outstanding dish! My friend and I decided to cook in the kitchen together last night and this is the recipe we chose to make. We both LOVED it! I will be passing this one on to my family, as I know it's one they will all love too. Thank you for sharing this recipe with all of us! Christina
- 1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon corn oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb cubed skinless chicken breast
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 (10 count) bag flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder, and
- paprika, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onion
- jarred sliced jalapeno
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Rigatoni pasta per package directions.
- Chicken, peppers and onion.
- Chop peppers and onion.
- Sauté the chicken, onion and pepper. Cook until chicken is fully cooked.
- Beans: Cook the black beans beans and simmer on low.
- Cheese Sauce: Melt butter and flour. Slowly add the stock.
- Then add the cream. Allow it come to a slow boil.
- Add the cheese and melt. Then finish with the remaining milk, cumin and lime.
- Slice a couple of tortillas cut in strips cook in a pan brushed lightly with oil and season well with salt pepper, garlic and paprika. Toast on medium heat.
- Other Garnish items.
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
- 1 dollop sour cream.
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced.
- 6 jalapeno slices.
- 1/2 cup toasted tortilla strips.
- To assemble:.
- Get a bowl.
- Put a serving of pasta in the bowl.
- Put some chicken and cheese sauce over the pasta.
- Garnish with black beans, cheese, sour cream, green onions or jalapeno.
- OR to taste -- .