Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was made by combining 2 recipes I found a few years ago. We like to mix it with Penne pasta instead of making enchiladas. If you have extra mixture it does freeze well before adding the pasta.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 cups chicken, diced &,cooked
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- penne pasta, cooked
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In bowl, stir soups and sour cream until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a pan, melt butter.
- Saute onion and chili powder until onion is tender.
- Stir in chicken, chilies, 3/4 of both cheeses, and soup mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta until your desired coating.
- (We prefer Penne).
- Mix well.
- Spread in casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through.
- NOTE: You can freeze any remaining mixture without the pasta for a later use.
Very rich and creamy recipe. I added an extra teaspoon of chili powder and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Made a very easy night of cooking for me. Thanks.
I thought this recipe was very good. I was also easy to throw together. My son did not like the chiles in it, but I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I don't know if the pasta mixture will freeze very well, but I'm going to try it.
The overall concept of this dish is really good. The problem both my husband and I had with it was that it wasn't spicy at all. I even used double the amount of chili powder that the recipe called for. For the left-overs I sprinkled a bunch of red pepper flakes on top.