Recipe by internetnut
Stuffed pasta dish. $200.00 prize winner. This came from Better Homes & Gardens. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 12 ounces dried jumbo shell macaroni
- 3 large green peppers, chopped or 3 large red peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (1/2 envelope)
- 20 ounces canned enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mexican style four cheese blend
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cups nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips, crushed (2oz)
- avocado dip (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse; drain and set aside.
- In skillet cook peppers, onion, jalapeno, and salt in hot oil over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, beans, seasoning mix, and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup each of the cheese and green onions.
- Divide filling among shells. Spread 1 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce in 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange shells atop sauce. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with chips and remaining green onions. Serve with avocado dip and/or sour cream.