Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a great use for leftover cooked chicken breasts. Larger shaped pastas like rotini, rotelle, bowties, and mafalda work best.
- 12 ounces pasta, rotini, bowties, mafalda
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons cumin, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, can use cheddar, cheddar jack
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream, optional for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 pan; set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Return the cooked, drained pasta to the empty pot. Stir in the cooked cubed chicken, scallions, tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder. Mix well and add salt if needed.
- Pour mixture into the 13 x 9 dish.
- Evenly sprinkle with the shredded cheese and then the cilantro or parsley.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve with dallops of the sour cream, if desired.